Nebraska Marriage License
Getting married in Nebraska? Let us help you navigate the process! Your marriage license must be received from the state in which the legal ceremony is being held in. In Nebraska, the County Clerk is the department that issues and manages the marriage license process.
1. You can complete the marriage license application online and take with you when you both apply in person. The cost is $25, and a certified copy is $9.
2. There is no wait in Nebraska, after appearing in person, in about 20-30 minutes you will leave with your license! You do not have to be a resident.
3. Your ceremony must take place in Nebraska, if you are applying for a Nebraska marriage license. It can be in ANY county or city, as long as it is in the state of Nebraska.
4. Judges are not allowed to charge extra for wedding ceremonies during the day, and the time they allot on their schedule is greatly diminished. Inclusive Life is often available for same-day-service or short notice.
5. If you are traveling and do not have witnesses, Inclusive Life can schedule witnesses for you, (A fee does apply.) Witnesses do need to be present for the marriage ceremony.
6. In Nebraska, couples have one year (12 months) to solemnize the wedding license. If it is not completed in one year, the license will expire.
Omaha Wedding Chapel 42nd and Center
NEBRASKA COUNTY CLERKS OFFICES:
Douglas County Clerk (Omaha Metro)
1819 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68183
Office: (402) 444-6080
Marriage License Requirements (English)
CLICK HERE for application (Updated 12/2016)
Sarpy County Clerk (Papillion, Bellevue, LaVista…)
1210 Golden Gate Drive
Papillion, NE 68046
Office: (402) 593-2105
FAX (402) 593-4471
Lancaster County Clerk (Lincoln Metro)
555 South 10th Street, Room 108
Lincoln, NE 68508
LOCAL PARKS FOR WEDDINGS:
If you are planning an Elopement with just witnesses no permit fee is required. If you are planning on having multiple guests, chairs, etc., a permit will need to be paid for and date approved prior to ceremony.
City of Omaha Parks and Recreation Department- Click for Community Center Locations
City of Omaha Parks and Recreation Department- Click for City Parks (Known favorites are: Gerald R. Ford Birth Site, Hanscom Park, Mt. Vernon Gardens, Memorial Park, Hitchcock, Heartland of America Park, Gene Leahy Mall, Elmwood)
Omaha Wedding Chapel is available at 96th and J Street Omaha, for ceremonies around 60 guests!